Tuesday 4 June 2013

Queen for the Day



As today is the 60th anniversary of the Queen's Coronation, I thought it was quite fitting to showcase the card I made using the wonderful and patriotic  Papermania Portobello Road kit. The card is for a German friend of mine who loves all things London, so I couldn't have found a more perfect set of stamps.



I started by embossing a piece of white card with the Papermania  Portobello Road Union Jack Tribossing folder, which I then inked with some Antique Linen distress ink.

I stamped the London Bus, Taxi, postbox, phone box in black on white card and used clear powder to heat emboss the outlines, I coloured the images using Cardinal Red, cool Grey & black Promarkers. Before cutting them I inked any white spaces with the antique linen distress ink.
I stamped Big Ben and inked this with gold ink and again cut it out.
All stamps are from the Portobello Road set.
I arranged all cut out pieces on the left side of the embossed Union Jack and stuck them down using my trusted tape pen.
I stamped one of the birthday sentiments (also from the Portobello Road set) in black, heat embossed with clear powder and fixed it to the top of the card adding a sparkling gem to the top of the crown.

I was looking through my stash and came across the "queen for the day" stamp which was a freebie in " Quick Cards Made Easy"magazine last year. I coloured the "queen" in red using Promarkers, inked the back ground with Antique Linen and added some gems to the crown before adding it to the panel.

I previously stuck the blue dotty paper from the Portobello kit to a card blank and stuck my Union Jack panel on top.
I finished the card with a Union Jack bow and added another gem to the middle.

I am pretty pleased with the result and hope my friend likes it !

Have a fab day everyone

Sonja
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment