Wednesday 29 July 2015

Sympathy Card



When I saw the free Debbie Moore Stamps in Crafts Beautiful, I knew they would be perfect for a sympathy card I needed to make for one of my Mum's friends who's mother passed away at the age of 100


I started with a 13.5cm white square card blank.

I embossed a slightly smaller square of Centura Pearl white card with the Creative Expressions Sue Wilson's Large Bed of Roses embossing folder. 

I matted this onto black card and stuck it to the card blank.


I diecut the largest of the Spellbinders Splendid Circle dies in both, white and black card.

I cut the borders of the white one so I was just left with the main inner circle and matted this onto the black circle. 

I stamped the White circle with the free Debbie Moore script butterfly in black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder to give it a bit of a glossy look. 
I then fixed the circle to the main card blank.

I thought it works well in black and white for a sympathy card, but it would make an equally nice thank your birthday in some brighter colours.

I would like to enter the card in this week's Allsorts Challenge:  add a butterfly


Thanks for stopping by

Sonja

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous embossing background, one more to the big wishlist!
    Totally stunning and elegant card.
    Thank you for sharing your creativity at Allsorts, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete