Tuesday 2 July 2013

Lavender and Lace

So excited, that my Let's Celebrate card was shown in the card school section of the latest Quick Card magazine.
This has certainly given me a lot more confidence in my cards and I am now taking the plunge to enter  the Lavender and Lace card making challenge over on the Allsorts challenge blog. Just hope I have linked it all correctly ( I am not the most technical person....)  

So, here it is:


I started with a square card blank and cut a square of white paper measuring 1cm smaller than my card blank

Also in the mood for something new, I tried out resist stamping for the first time.

I created the background by stamping one of the Autumn Agapanthus stamps from the Woodware stamp range in clear embossing ink around the edges of the white square.
I then heat embossed this with Papermania's Seafoam White embossing powder. I coloured the background with lilac versa colour ink (heliotrope)
I created three equal panels by stamping the second stamp from the Autumn Agapanthus set in the lilac ink, heat embossed with clear powder and inked the background with Antique Linen Distress ink.

I stuck the panels on top of my background and added a strip of lace fabric tape I came across on a recent trip to Germany across the front.

I created the sentiment panel the same way as the background.

To finish the card, I added some lilacs pearls to the middle of the flowers and the four corners of the background panel.


I hope you and the people over at Allsorts like it.  

Have a fab day everyone...

Sonja 






2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is quite delightful Sonja and just perfect for our theme this week.

    Thank you so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete