Thursday 9 May 2013

Let's celebrate!

As today is rather wet and windy and I am feeling a little bit under the weather, I decided to cheer myself up by going through some of my favourite card magazines.
A came across the "Joy fold card " project in the May issue (113) of "Quick Cards made easy" and decided to give it a go. So here is the result:

I started with a piece of 21 x 14 cm white card, scored and folded this at 7cm from the right edge to create a flap that comes half way across the card.

I matted the inside square with a piece of 13 x 13 cm red card and the outside flap with a piece of 6 x 13 cm of the same red card

I added some red spotty paper measuring 12 x 12 cm to the inside and a piece of 5 x 12 cm matching patterned paper. The paper I had in my stash ( probably a freebie from another magazine, as I am rather addicted to them)

Using the largest of my Spellbinder labels 4 dies, I created a small card blank using my Grand Calibur

I die cut a smaller labels 4 in red card and another smaller one in white.
I inked the edges of the card blank with a red Promarker and stamped the "lets Celebrate" sentiment from the Papermania Portobello Road set on the smaller white label.

I glued everything together and fixed the mini card to the middle of the square panel.

I added a red flower embellishment to finish.

Thanks for stopping by

Sonja
Xx









No comments:

Post a Comment